Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Relay for Life with TEAM ELM!


Hello and Happy Tuesday!

I am pretty much caught up on my sleep and feeling great after our FMIJ race experience on the weekend. I will wait to update you on the race details until I get all my race pics together. Stay tuned this week for all the gory details!


What next? We are all trained up and left wanting to get that race finish so I have been checking out other ARaces that might fit in with the summer plans...TBA!


Kusam is in less than 2 weeks so I will squeeze in 1 or 2 more quality runs before resting up once again to try and get fresh legs for race day. This is a super fun mountain run that the entire community really get's involved with. Great volunteers, amazing course scenery and good food at the finish. You really should think about joining me!!! Read my tale from 2007 but don't let it scare you!


RELAY FOR LIFE:: JUNE 20/21st

I am happy to say that ELM is participating in our 5th Relay For Life fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society on June 20/21st! Every year we have a great team & a great time as we raise funds and show our support for those battling cancer as well as celebrate the life of those loved ones we have lost.


Unfortunately we are less than 2 weeks away from this years Relay and we do not have any members signed up on the team. Please check your calendar and join TEAM ELM today if you can! Here is what you need to do:


  • Join TEAM ELM online

  • Collect online (or in person) pledges from your friends and family - we are aiming to raise $100 each.

  • Spend a minimum of 1 hour walking for our Team on Vanier Track between 6pm and 6am.

  • Bring something yummy for our onsite Relay bakesale fundraiser!

Can't join our team but want to support the cause? GREAT! Go to our team page to make a donation!


Hope you can join us!


Sarah.

No comments: