Friday, June 19, 2009

And the Decision Is...


I spent the week:: off my feet...taking traumeel...hot / cold contrasts ... more traumeel...massage oh-fascia-burning release ... acupuncture pin cushion treatments ... compression socks on sweaty hot days (and nights) ... elevating ...

AND ...


The race decision is...



12 Hours of Cumberland! The miracle never happened but I am right on track for a full recovery if I continue on the same path and give my legs the time they need without impact. Although they are feeling much better I know that running up and down Kusam would destroy them all over again and I just can't do that to them. I am getting to be a WISE old owl indeed!

GOOD LUCK to all my ELM friends heading UP to Sayward to push their limits tomorrow. You will feel so empowered by your accomplishment! Rain, shine, sleet, snow...you will experience it all, say you will never do it again, then start planning your training for 2010! See you there:) Now don't any of you going breaking my course records while I am all gimped up at home ...

The NEW GOAL is to play in Cumberland with all my muddy buddies! I am excited about the race and looking forward to putting some fast miles on my sweet Giant Anthem from Mt City Cycle!! I pre-road what I think is the race course on Wednesday and it is pretty quick: 2andaJuice, Buggered Pig, Soggy Biscuit, Black Hole, Space Nugget...should be around 30-35minutes per lap? Not sure who is on my team (or if I even have one) so I am not sure how many hours I will be spending on my bike tomorrow. One thing is for sure... I will have every root and rock memorized on those darn trails! Woohooooooo!

Come on down anytime between 8am and 8pm to Miners Park in Cumby to cheer us on! There will be games for the kids and we will have a tent set up to keep us dry between shifts. Hope to see you there!

THEN come on down to Vanier Track anytime after 7pm and support Team ELM by buying something ooooeyy and goooey at our Relay for Life bakesale! The tent will move there around 6:30...so just look for us there! Support our team and you will also support the Canadian Cancer Society at this great event.

Whatever you do this weekend...do with all your heart!
Cheers,
Sarah.

2 comments:

Korky said...

Sarah it was awesome! We all had a really great race. We represented ELM and ran through the finish line together! 4:28 we all felt great! Cindy will fill you in with a race report. You betcha next June 19th 2010 see you there!!!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Korky, Lisa, Cindy, Kim and ALL the ELM friends who trucked up Mt HKusam last weekend! You are superstars!