Monday, April 13, 2009

Runners High

WOW. I just had an amazing run:)

I have never experienced the so called 'runners high' but today must have been pretty close. I am often overcome with joy during my trail runs- but it is the wonderful gifts of nature that bring that huge smile to my face and launch my arms into the sky euphorically.
Today it was the most amazing combination of things:
WARM SUN + GREAT TUNES + HILL CONQUORING + SHORTS = EUPHORIA!
I am a pretty happy person by most standards but I was just bubbling over when I finished my last hill repeat atop the 'look-out' in my back 40 trails. Arms went up and I couldn't help but bust out a few moves to my new tunes on my iPod. I skipped, x-stepped and ran backwards all the way home:)
Here are the tunes that made it happen:
Climbing the final hill repeat..
.
Celebrating at the top..
.
Dancing my way home on the cooldown...
AND I FOUND A SUPER COOL GEOCACHE TOO!
This isn't one from our ELM Challenge but it is on the http://www.geocache.com/ site and it was super cool... If you haven't started stashing caches yet ... get out there and join the ELM Challenge!

SS

No comments: