Here are some cool pics from Thursday night Women's 10K clinic this week...
Surviving the final week of hill repeats!
And now for a sneakpeak at what your fearless ELM run leaders get up to after class....That looks a little blurry...
A great plan was hatched this morning at Becky's bakery over post run cinni-buns and lattes with my fearless run leaders Lynn and Kathy.
ELM GEOCACHING CHALLENGE
We are starting a summer Geocaching challenge for all of our ELM friends! WOOHOO!
What's geocaching you ask? Basically a scavenger hunt using a GPS to find your 'treasure'. Check out this link for all the info you need on getting started with this hi-tech scavenger hunt. http://www.geocaching.com/
This is the perfect activity for all ages and abilities and a great way to spend time with your friends and family while enjoying the great outdoors!
I will kick off the hunt this month after I set my first cache somewhere in the Valley...and I am inviting you all to do the same! Stay tuned...
Here is how it works:
Leave a Cache...
1. Hide your 'cache'. This can be as simple as a ziplock baggie or a small tuperware container (waterproof is key). Include a notebook for seekers to sign in- guest book style - when they find your cache. You can also include a small 'treasure' (no realy monetary value required) such as a key chain or other trinket to make it seem like a little pot of gold for the finder.
2. Set a waypoint on your GPS.
3. Start a new Discussion Topic right here on the ELM Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=61202794453&topic=8514 and post the co-ordinates to your cache.
4. Include difficulty:: Easy Medium Hard as well as any clues that might help the seeker without giving too much away!
Find a cache.
1. Enter the co-ordinates of one of the posted caches into your GPS.
2. Find the cache.
3. If you take a treasure be sure to leave something of similar value for the next player.
4. Post your find details - date found, difficulty, etc. on the applicable discussion board where you found the co-ordinates.
Once you get into this you will be addicted FOR SURE.
If you read this post then you have been TAGGED and you must go stash a cache! We will play all summer and celebrate with an end of summer group hunt and partay in August!!