Diana - after being dropped off at the top of mountain washington...it was snowing...eeesh.
Audrey in her new super aero position...it worked!
Audrey passing off to Lyse before her 1km sprint to the boat launch. Diana and I tried to run with her but she totally killed us and we lost her!!!!
Lyse and Rani throwing in the last strokes to take gold for the team!
HEE HEE 27th Team overall! Way to go!
Today there is something special happening...there are thousands of runners joining together in the worlds most prestigious marathon event...and there are 3 ELM Women joining them at the Boston Marathon!
GOOD LUCK to Kim Griffiths, Cindy Steuart and Andrea Prager at todays race! I can't wait to hear the post-race report!
I am coming along towards my 4th week post-op and getting very close to where I left off. It has gone by faster than I thought it would and every run and ride is still such a gift that I am still enjoying the new perspective thoroughly.
- Saturday Run 90mins LSD
- Sunday XC Ride 2hrs ish with big climb
- Monday Run 3*5minute hill repeats 60minute total run
- Tuesday Resistance & Bike Cumberland XC 90ish with big climb with Pascale
- Wednesday REST
- Thursday Resistance & Run VO2max intervals all out pace: 4mins*1, 2mins*4, 1min*2 9k total
- Friday Ride Snow to Surf route out and back with Marc
- Saturday TREK 2hours 15 up Tomato Creek...Arbutus...Upper Monkeys...home via the plunge-cable hill and johns trails... with Cathy T
- Sunday Snow to Surf!
This weekend I am looking forward to Hammerfest in Parksville...hoping to pre-ride the XC course with Pascale on Friday. I learned something very important during the snowtosurf yesterday...that I am NOT as fast a mountain biker as I am a runner:( Sucks to be passed...
SO now of course I am psyched to up my bike training and get with the program so to speak so that my biking fitness can catch up to my run fitness. I know that racing will kick my arse but that is exactly what I need to improve my speed as a mt biker. Looking forward to having a royal ass kicking at Hammerfest! Step AWAY from the comfort zone please!
Have a GREAT WEEK!