Thursday, July 24, 2008

2 Sleeps...

2 Wee sleeps till MOMAR Shawnigan and I am gearing down my training with the aim of feeling relaxed and rejuivinated come Saturday. Right now I could go for a nap. But that is not going to happen because I have a fantastic run to lead tonight in Cumberland for our Thursday night Adventure Running group. I can't tell you the route cause that would ruin half the fun...map reading brings the 'adventure' into Adventure Running! Cumberland...and a new trail on the other side of Perseverance creek! Stay tuned...

This week:
Monday ride 40minutes easy XC
Tuesday paddle 45minutes steady up river (saw a beaver swimming under my kayak in the slough!)
Weds bike 1.5hours easy XC
Thurs ARun 1hour (I hope!)
Friday tomorrow nothing but rest.
Saturday MOMAR!

From the MOMAR website...
http://www.mindovermountain.com/momar/schedule/momar_002/momar_002.htm
Saturday, July 26th, 2008
Start Time
REGULAR COURSE - 9:00am SHORT COURSE - 10:30am (note new time)
Location
Shawnigan Lake, BC, Canada, Vancouver Island (30 minutes north of Victoria). Click
here to view a Google map.
Distance & Course Description
REGULAR COURSE:Distance: ~50kmEstimated Completing Time: 4-8 hours Disciplines: Mountain Biking, Kayaking, Trail Running, Orienteering/Navigation, Water Challenges, Coasteering, Bushwacking, and other great Mystery Challenges...


Time to GETERDONE.
Full report on Sunday or Monday!
S

1 comment:

The Selman's said...

Good luck on Saturday! I'll be thinking of you and waiting for the post race re-cap!

I'm not sure when you changed it, but I'm lovin' the new header picture! Great running form! ;)