This week we started wrapping up our fall Fitness Adventures with the 10th week of Womens Learn to Run and Baby Bootcamp sessions. Next week will be our final Bootcamp and Womens Trail running classes. Today the weather is very fitting and screaming "the end of fall!" right outside my window. We have been soooo lucky with the weather this fall so we are more than due for a few storms. After all...how lush could our beautiful Valley be without winter rain?
I am excited about a couple of things right now at this very moment:
1. We have just kicked off our annual Hamper drive for our 2 'Adopted Families' and I am excited to have the opportunity to help spread the joy of Christmas to those in need. Each year ELM and Extreme Runners team up to support 2 families in the Valley...and we need your help! Starting this week you can drop off a donation at Extreme Runners or at your ELM classes - I have posted a list below of the items that we are collecting for these families. Please help us help those in need this Christmas:) In addition, I will be offering 4 Holiday Bootcamp classes to raise funds for our hamper families. Check the elm calendar for dates and times. Suggested donation $10-15...and everyone is welcome!
CHRISTMAS HAMPER WISHLIST
Canned Salmon or Tuna
Jam or Honey
Toilettries: toothpaste, handsoap, shampoo etc...
Paper Products: napkins, toilet paper, paper towels...
Min $40 for perishables
Homebaking is a really nice touch:)
Gifts for the children. Please mark with age and gender of child
Couple with 1 male roommate and 3 boys: 12, 15, 17 years. (#36)
Couple with 1 by: 11 years. (#191)
Thank you for joining us in Sharing the Christmas Spirit!
2. I have just gotten off phone with Jane Hay- adventure travel agent extroidinaire- and a Peru hiking guide and I am busting at the seams with excitement about a trip that we have in the works...a BIG trip....a REALLY big trip...like the trip of a LIFETIME really. Interested? Check in your inbox for a short survey...really soon. Or just email me your answers to these questions:
1. Would you be interested in joining a 14-day Womens only trip to Peru that includes 7-8 days of trekking including the Inca trail and Maccu Piccu? If yes, please continue...
2. Would you be more interested in a fall 2009 trip or a 2010 trip or no preference?
3. Would you prefer August or September or no preference?
* Note all fitness levels are welcome. The trip will include a 4-6 month training program to ensure you are more than prepared for the demands.*
I look forward to hearing from you!!!
Have a great weekend!