Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April Chicks

This months Chicks who Click http://mckinnonphoto.squarespace.com/display/ShowJournal?moduleId=1378999&SSScrollPosition=247 photography class was very inspiring for me. We met at the Filberg lodge teahouse on beautiful sunshiney Friday morning...just as the air was warming and the sun was climbing in the sky. I love photographing in nature and there was inspiration everywhere as the light swam amongst spring plants and flowers.

Our mission was 3 part: First we spent 15 minutes wandering the grounds looking for a view that inspired us. We listed the aspects of this spot that made it important to us on a piece of paper. Secondly we regrouped and switched spots with random classmates. Now we were to go and capture our partners spot and create a photo that represented everything which was important to them. Tuff one but very inspiring for me as I was sent along to a wonderful magnolia tree backlit by the early morning sun. Finally, we got to go to our original spot and capture it for ourselves. Here are my magnolia sots...my mission was to capture the story of a new life beginning and another close to it's end. You can check out these and my other favs in my online Picasa Chicks album too... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/elmhealth/SeadyPhotography

Cheers! Sarah

No comments: