Friday, July 17, 2009

TGIF

NO JOKE. Look at the size of these raspberries from Seaview Gamefarm!! I had to make a batch of yummy raspberry almond muffins with these fresh plump berries this morning:
Raspberry Almond Muffins (c/o Anna Olsen)
1 cup rolled oats soaked in 1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup veg oil
2 large eggs
1tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond
1 1/3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups fresh raspberries
Mix wet, mix dry, mix together alternating with oats. Fold in raspberries gently.
Bake in greased muffin tins for 18minutes on 350.
mmmmmmm.

TGIF I say!


Not that I actually count down the days until the weekend like some caged office worker might. I know how fortunate I am to fully ENJOY my job which most of the time doesn't feel like work at all.




My work flows into my life which flows back into my work and is carried along by my passion for all things health, wellness and fitness. My days are long but they are filled with inspiration, motivation, passion and loads of positive energy. No complaints here!




Regardless of how much I enjoy my work week there is always something wonderful about Fridays...it is like the last day of classes and the start of summer.




And I think it is just nonsense for anyone to be forced to work in an office on a Friday afternoon...well at least in summer on a day like today! So, place a dummy in your desk chair and sneak out the back door and go get some of that warm summer sunshine on your face I say!




Well, after I finish writing this that is what I am going to do (minus the dummy- cause I think I just busted myself as 'my boss' is writing this). I just received my new garden plan (YIPPPEE) from Cassandra at Black Rooster Garden Design and I am going to go for a walkabout in the yard and spend some time daydreaming about plants and water features and zen gardens...




FRIDAY Q&A:: ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL
Inlight of the recent cougar stalkings/sightings in the Comox Valley I thought it would be a good time to remind ourselves of how we can safely share the trails with all creatures great and small. Those who received the ELM newsletter this month will have seen my article on cougars, bears and ticks. Those who didn't can go to the ELM Facebook page to read the note!
Happy Trails,
Sarah.


No comments: