Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Well Hello Little Filly

Please welcome the newest edition to my family....the Little Blue Filly!
And don't forget little blue Gregory pack of course:)
A HUGE shout out to super local bike shop Mountain City Cycle for making my XC dreams come true! I would not be riding this amazing Giant Anthem without their generous support. Thank you for believing in me! I look forward to rippin up the trails at more and more mt bike races over the coming year:)
THIS WEEK:
Bootcamp scenery at the airpark this am was stunningly beautiful...




HALF MARATHON CLINIC
on Sunday was a fabulous morning in Seal Bay Park...
Cute car...wonder if I could fix it up?

REST, NRG BARS, TUNE UPS AND MAPPING
I had a very low volume weekend of training which let me get some STUFF done that has been piling up...house stuff like weeding and cleaning...and fun stuff like:

MAPPING THE 18K (well it is actually 17.75k) Puntledge River loop from the Dam all the way around via Duncan Bay Main. I am volunteering to map and post markers along this fantastic riverway loop as part of my service on the Active Comox Valley committee. The GPSing and mapping is complete...now I just need to find some shop students who might be able to make up some little metal signs for me...
ORIENTEERING IN NYMPH FALLS PARK
I set out a short course in Nymph Falls Park on Monday, as did my teammate Andy, and then we swapped maps and ended up having a tonne of fun in the park...

ENERGY BARS!

I made 3 batches of different energy bars this weekend to try out on my team mates and in my own belly on training runs. Some were really good and some were terrible actually:) But all were fun to make and now I have the BEST combo ever...and here it is!

Oatmeal Raisin NRG Bars

1.5 cup uncooked oatmeal (large flake)

1 cup skim milk powder

2tbs ground flax

1tbs cinnamon

1/2 tea seasalt

3/4 cup raisins

1/4 cup sunflower or other seed/nut

1 tbs maple syrup

1/4 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup water

1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients by hand and kneed into a sticky but firm dough.

Press into a 8*8 square dish lined with saran wrap. Chill, then remove from pan and slice into 9 bars. Soooo good..

Per bar approx:

196 cals, 23g carbohydrates, 8g fat, 6g protein

Wait till you try my chocolate almond bars...stay tuned for the cookbook!

Cheers,

Sarah.

No comments: