Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Best month ever?


Loving life on Mount Matchlee
It seems like a dream now, but I am pretty sure I really did fly in by helicopter to Mount Matchlee a few weeks ago to learn how to lead climb on ice, build snow anchors and travel across glaciers...then I ran around the province with 11 other women...then I ran across Vancouver Island...haha.  Seems surreal now... but I have the photos, so it must have really happened!

What a wild month it has been.  I have been working and playing overtime in the mountains since the last week of June and I need to get my adventures and images on 'paper' before the lines blur.  Here is a catch-me-up to catch-me-up:

Walking under glaciers at the IAG Mountain Skills Course
June 19-26 : Run the Park Peak Week.  A week of camping, running and hiking in Strathcona Park.
July 3-5: Island Alpine Guides Mountain Skills Fly In Course
July 11-17: Run BC Project 
July 26: Run the Augerpoint Traverse- Mount Washington to Buttle Lake
July 29: Kings Peak hike
Aug 2: Run the Mt Frink Loop
Running into Garibaldi Park with the Run BC Crew
Up next?  A little R & R?
August 15: Fat Dog 50 miler-yikes!  Jumped into this one at the last minute!
September long: Rock star fly in from Comox to Lorna Lake for a weekend of mountainbikaneering in the Chilcotins with Tyax Adventures and good friends.
TBC...I've got some ideas for September brewing...
Matchlee Glacier
Trip reports coming this week!  It is raining, afterall:)
Happy Trails,
SS


No comments: