Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Best Ice Cream Ever

Got your attention didn't I?

I just got back from paddling with a client on a glassy ocean under a blue bird sky...and I was craving something cold and yummy to cool me down before heading out for my Weds night ride in Cumberland. So I whipped up my favorite 'un-ice cream' and voila- The Best Ice Cream Ever...I HAD to share it with you:) You have to try this cause it is as good as gelato...

2 frozen bananas- thaw slightly in warm water to peel off the skins
1-2 tbs honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 tbs cocoa powder (how chocolately do you like it?)

Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until you get a consistency like soft ice cream. Enjoy as is or put in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to harden slightly. You can add whatever else you like...nutz etc...or stick with my fav- pure chocolate goodness.

Eat without worrying about saturated fat, dairy allergies or chemicals you can't pronounce!

Yummy...I love summer!
SS

No comments: