Sunday, February 7, 2010

Another week in paradise...

How sweet it is to be living in the Comox Valley...


Sunrise on Comox Lake last Sunday...went for a short rip on my own before my Rat friends arrived at the Comox Lake Dam...



Top of Branch 21...first time we have ridden up there in February...normally we have to wait until the snow melts in April!



Rat Riders...a motley crew...




Friday riding Twisted Sister with Pascale...2hours and plenty of fun later...we arrived at our cars completely covered head to toe in mud:)


Faithful companion...Jaque...the french lab...




And...for something completely different...
Me, walking a pair of fiesty Alpacas on Forbidden Plateau Road!




I was driving home from teaching a local group of kids: The Young Naturalists, an orienteering workshop at Nymph Falls Park when I spotted these cute kritters on the side of the road.
Their owner, John, was taking them for a walk and offered to let me walk them. He told me they could out run a bear. And his last words were, if they try to bolt just pull real hard on the ropes...



Stopped by Extreme Runners after walking my Alpacas...to pick up our latest clinic gear order and say HI to the gang!



Home for a snack and a sauna...
CHOCOLATE RECOVERY PUDDING from the NRG cookbook. I got this recipe from Brendan Braziers first book...all vegan, raw recipes.
Have you tried this one yet?? Pear, banana, tofu, cocoa...SO yummy and such a great way to refuel after a hard workout!



That's it that's all! Time to do some research for my trip to South America this fall!
Have a great Sunday!
Sarah.

No comments: