Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy 2010!


HAPPY NEW YEAR AND CHEERS TO 2010!


A New Year and new decade have arrived! As always I find myself reflecting on the past year with deep thoughts and looking ahead to the next with fresh eyes and anticipation. 2009 brought many wonderful experiences and adventures into my personal life. It also kicked off many exciting changes at Equilibrium!
After 8 years ELM finally got a new website (thank you Nathaniel at nrichmedia.com !) and a fresh look complete with new services such as the ELM store. Over the coming weeks you will see the store shelves filling up with online goods including more books, training plans and video workouts. Please stop by the new site and spend some time visiting when you have a chance!
This December I (finally) launched NRG: foods that will move you - a collection of my favorite recipes for health and 'on the go' energy. I am happy to say that we ran 2 printings of these books and sold out both of them in less than 2 weeks! You can pick up your own copy OR download an e-book version of this cookbook from the ELM website!
This year we also welcomed 2 wonderful additions to the ELM team: Cathy Livsey kicking butt as an ELM Bootcamp Drill Sergean and Liz Tribe working her magic as our Promotions and Marketing manager starting this winter. All told the ELM team is now made up of 6 trainers and staff along with another 8 + superstar volunteers! I know how lucky I am (and you are) to have such a wonderful group of individuals coming together to support health and fitness in the Valley!
2010 promises to bring more exciting changes and amazing adventures for myself and ELM. Personally, I am excited to announce that I will be launching my first book, based on my 'Fit & Free' program in the new year! I am also working hard to continue building my skills and knowledge as a trainer and coach and I will be completing my National Coaching Certification as a Level 2 Cycling Coaching this year.
My own fitness goals for 2010 are set (stay tuned!) and I am looking forward to new challenges on the bike and in the mountains this coming year!
And the BIG adventure for 2010?
The ELM Women are heading to Peru to hike the ancient Inca trail next September! Beginning this March, a group of 12 committed women will prepare for this amazing journey in Peru. After training for 6 months we will embark on the journey of a lifetime and complete a 7 day trek through the Andes mountains of Peru- arriving by foot to teh ancient city of Machu Picchu. This trip marks a very significant milestone in my own journey as a trainer - as I have dreamed of facilitating this experience since before even the start of my own business. Finally, with the help of Jane Hay, Adventure Travel Agent, and Karavaniers, Professional Guiding Team, my dream AND the dream of 12 women will become a reality in 2010!
One spot has just opened up for this trip- so if you think this is the journey for you, contact me asap and you might just snag it!!
Finally, I would like to express my sincere THANKS to all of you who have sent me such kind words of support and congratulations on my recent award from Get Out There Magazine (Top Personal Trainer: Western Canada 2009). Your support means the world to me and I have been filled up to the brim with your positive words of encouragement! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts:)
Cheers to 2010!
Sarah.

No comments: