I decided it was time I tried to create my own homemade version of these tasty snacks so that I could have them whenever I want them, invent my own flavours and save a few dollars in the process;). I'm bringing back 'Dodge Balls' - because I spend nearly all of my non-work hours in Cumberland, I figured I might as well name my balls after Dodge City. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
4 cups oats
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup water
dash of salt
*1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Combine dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until they break down to a fine texture. Remove and place in a large bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in a pot on the stove and heat gently until you can combine them well.
- Mix wet into dry and combine well.
- Roll into balls. I make mine about 2 inches in diameter- like the Hornby Balls!
- Melt chocolate over a water bath (get a pot of water simmering and melt chocolate in a bowl resting on top). Drizzle over the balls or dip balls into chocolate.
- Store in the freezer...enjoy!