Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Victoria Marathon Weekend: Updated!


CONGRATULATIONS!!
BIG Hi 5s go out to all the ELM Members and Friends who participated in this weekends Goodlife Victoria Race!  We had peeps racing in the 8k, half and full marathon and it was a blast watching them all cruise by on the course.  The weather could not have been better and it was smiles all round at the finish line.  Well done- enjoy your post race bliss!

CONGRATS
 to all Valley racers with a special shout out to the following ELMers (let me know if I missed you out there!)

8k- Deb A, Rae W woot woot!

Half Marathon- Paula G, Karen T, Karen L, Jason W, Marieka H, Megan H, Charity M, Sasha D, Allison D, Kim S, Sarah S - yeeehaw!

Marathon- Murray G, Kiyoko & Marion - awesome!

Race results online here...

 And check out this crazy guy-Adam Campbell!  Raced the marathon in a suit...in 2:35!  Broke the 'world record' by an hour for fastest marathon in a full suit!  Barfed at the finish line before recovering quickly and giving this interview - looking sharp here! 

Crazy cheerleaders!  My family was out in full costume force on the sidelines to cheer on the racers at various spots on the course.  You may have seen my dad and this hair out there!  And may not have recognized me in my costume alongside!

And my half marathon...a 21k run to Cruikshank Canyon in Strathcona Park on Thanksgiving day with my friend Liz...my favourite kind of Half!  Get up into the alpine this week if you can...before the rains come...it is absolutely breathtaking.  Mother nature is really showing off:)

ENJOY THE SUNSHINE!

No comments: