Monday, August 1, 2011

I Survived the Canadian Death Race!

Hello!
I am home safe and sound after a whirlwind trip to Grande Cache, Alberta for the Canadian Death Race! I will post a full race report soon but for now here is a quick update:

My goal was to finish under the 24hour cut off and I succeeded- finishing in just under 20 hours in my first 125k 'ultra-marathon'!

The first 100k was (and this is going to sound ridiculous) actually easy and super fun! But I got on the suffer train after that with a few issues and the last 25k was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done.

No injuries- just a few scratches and two little blisters between my toes so I can't complain! Feeling better than I expected post race so all is good!

GO DEATH RACERS!

1 comment:

The Sénéchals said...

So glad to hear you survived and lived to tell about! Can't wait for more stories :)