Saturday, April 9, 2011

Off the grid and back again

Long time no blog! Life is busy but oh-so-good:) This morning I felt real sunshine on my face at Sunrise Bootcamp...what a fantastic way to start the day! Even though mother nature is being a little stingy on the temperature, all of the other signs of spring are popping up. Daffodils bobbing their heads in the wind...birds bellowing out early-morning-happy songs...green shoots poking up their heads along the side of the trail...and glorious sunshine teasing us between hail and wind intervals. Spring has sprung! Brad and I took off for a week to get off the grid and spend some time with mother nature. We went up to Desolation Sound in our little boat and camped out on one of the islands spending our days boating and prawning and our evenings perched by the fire. The only sounds we heard were that of a waterfall pouring into the ocean, geese flying overhead, seals snorting in the bay and the wonderful Canadian sound of the lonesome loon:) A wonderful (albeit cold and sometimes wet:) week to recharge. Mother nature has so much energy to share...





When I came home it was time to kick off our Spring Programs and we are having a blast so far! Check out the ELM calendar for a list of our outdoor class locations and drop in on us anytime! Bootcamp, Baby Bootcamp, Learn to Run and the 10K clinic...and more!


Had a great time teaching the next generation of Adventure Racers at the MOMAR 101 clinic last weekend in Cumberland. My favorite way to spend the day- talking about AR to peeps who actually want to listen! LOL we had fun and I know that these MOMAR racers will have a fantastic race!


There is a great bike course coming up this Sunday with Big Dog Biking in Cumberland:: MOMAR 201 is a 4 hour workshop that covers the technical skills needed to complete the mountain biking portion of a sprint Adventure Race such as the MOMAR. Check it out and see if there is still room!







As for my own training things are coming along and I am having fun playing in the dirt once again. I am SO done with snow! Believe it or not we are still running into the white stuff on our runs and rides and I am itching to go higher and higher- but that snow line is holding steady.


Trail runs are hovering around 3+hours with some back to back long ones along with run:bike bricks and fun mounatain bike rides. Good times all around!


With MOMAR coming up at the end of May it is time to up the brick workouts, play with the compass and drag-my-butt - I mean jump - into the kayak:) The weather has been less than inspiring so hopefully things warm up and the wind dies down a bit this weekend.


I just noticed that I haven't posted my races on the blog yet...I have been a little mysterious as I have had a few different ideas for my race season this year...I am planning on trying something new this year...I will need to commit by the end of the month so stay tuned...



Melt Melt Melt!


Happy Trails,

Sarah.

No comments: