Friday, September 17, 2010

Next Adventure: R&R

Time for a rest! The team headed home to Canada yesterday afternoon and after many goodbyes the end of the Peru Trek 2010 Adventure has arrived. The crew will have many many tales to share and thousands of amazing photos to show when they return to Canada later this evening. It is a long journey to Peru but SO worth the time, energy and resources needed to get here. I know many of the women from our trip are already planning to return to Peru in the future. Beautiful people, landscape and history.

I spent yesterday evening wandering solo through the narrow cobblestone streets of the San Blas neighbourhood in Cusco. I popped into a few shops and picked up some warm alpaca socks, a cozy toque and gloves. Once darkness fell I couldn´t keep my eyes open and passed out around 7:30 into a deep 11 hour sleep! This amazingly full trip has me in need of a holiday LOL! After a wonderful sleep and hot cup of tea I picked up Brad at the airport around 8am. Now it is Brad who needs a few days to adapt to the 3400 m elevation. We are going to spend a few days relaxing, resting, exploring this wonderful mountain city.

We don´t have any plans for the next 10 days until we fly to Quito and make our way to the Galapagos islands for our diving and wildlife adventure.

Hasta luego!
SS

No comments: