Monday, September 22, 2008

Back at 'Er



Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Well one week has just flown by since I have returned from our surf holiday and ELM is in full swing with our Fall Fitness Adventures. Drop In's are always welcome so be sure to check out the fall schedule for all of our class locations between now and (gasp) Christmas!
A couple of Fridays ago, before I left town, I spent the morning helping Terry Lewis (above) clear a new trail for this years Persevrance Trail Run in Cumberland. This spot, will revive the old Dodge Balls trail from Bucket of Blood down towards Ginger Minge...new route this year! This new section of trail flows downhill through beautiful forest and skirts a clearcut which boasts one of the best views of the Comox Valley below. Definately worth the climb...
NOTE: One week until the Early Bird registration deadline of September 29th!!! Don't miss your chance to order a shirt and get a great discount on the race registration fee.
The past week has been full to the brim for me with biking, running and brick workouts. While Surfing and canoeing are fantastic for the upper body, they don't touch the legs so I have had some work to do upon my return from holidays...as the MOMAR is this weekend!
Last week I managed to squeeze in 4 bike rides and 4 runs with 3 of those being brick workouts.
This week will be close to the same as I am in no need of a taper (camping was my early taper) for this weekends race. Check out the MOMAR website for details on this Saturdays race:
You can come cheer on your local racers in Cumberland!
Cheers!
Sarah.

1 comment:

Indigo Eve said...

Good Luck tomorrow Sarah!! :)