Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Hello Friends!


GREAT NEWS...my new Dell computer is up, running and my entire hard drive was backed up and is now fully functioning! Can't tell you how relieved I was to have all of my email addies and sent/received emails recovered! The ' MyTechGuys' in Comox were fantastic and I definately recommend them for fast, friendly, tech service. And they are self proclaimed computer geeks so their passion is fixing your technical difficulties.


Anyhow...had a most excellent weekend of climbing, hiking & biking in the snow. There are so many fantastic things to do in this Valley...I never run out of adventures to keep me happy:)



Climbing in Cumberland...There is a great little climbing wall at the Cumberland Rec Centre that is a bit of a hidden gem. On Friday nights Arran and I have been playing around on the wall and trying to get our climbing fitness back after an extended vacation...so fun!
Trekking at Forbidden Plateau...we were out on Saturday scouting out a route for our members event on Feb 16th...snowshoe and feast at Coastal Trek Lodge!




My silly pooch Yuki is in heaven playing in the snow. Since retiring from Avalanche rescue he doesn't get to spend as much time in the white stuff.


My boys trekking along at Forbidden...


Stomping out a route to Coastal Trek Lodge...


Biking In Cumberland...aka Sunday church

Here is my home made camera mount rig...worked like a charm!My Sunday morning biking crew- the River Rats- gearing up for a ride in Cumberland.

Andy cruisin down the bridge at the entrance to Shaker...Dr. John navigating an icy decent on Buggered Pig.Tim takes the log ride...daring!

No comments: