Thursday, February 14, 2008

Seal Bay Park is the BEST


Hurray for Seal Bay Park!
I had a great time this past weekend playing in the trails of Seal Bay Park. It doesn't matter how many times I have been in SBP (and I can tell you it has been quite a few) I always leave rejuvinated and inspired by this magical forest. Check out my recent article on the ELM homepage for more info on great trails in this popular park... http://www.elmhealth.com/. And be sure to go to the regional district website for a map that you can print off and use to explore new territory in the park. I always manage to find new trails every time I go!


Saturday I ran from my home to the park via the Mitchell road entrance then made my way downhill to the beach-about an hour from my house...a short beach run gave me an amazing ocean view and led me to the base of the ' MIGHTY RAVINE' ( some of you know what I am talking about) where I paced my way up the 400m incline one switch back at a time. Then it was all the way back up to the top/west side of the Park for a couple of loops to the Fitzel Road entrance, where my 'knights in shining armour' -Brad and Yuki- met me for a cooldown and a hitch home:) Nearly 2 hours and never a dull moment. The IPOD playlist that made it all happen...priceless:: Madonna Confessions of a Dancefloor...don't laugh it has a super good beat! And of course a few of my other faves::Fleetwood Mac...the "Young Folks" song with the contageous whistle...and that great one from KOS- Crabs in the Bucket...I could listen to those over and over...and I am right now actually:)


Sunday was a girls ride from my house on a similar route to Seal Bay Park...just couldn't get enough so asked Pascale and Barb to join me for more SBP. The trails are super fun for fast non-technical x-country riding and we had a great time ripping along the outer 'horse-bike' loop. On the way home I convinced the girls to follow me on a short cut back to my place...ended up in knee deep black gooey-sticktoyourgumboot mud. Well...Pascale did anyways:) 2.5 hours later and it was home for a hot showers and blueberry wholewheat pancakes!


What will this weekend bring?


Stay tuned for photos from our Members SNOWSHOE EVENT this Saturday at Coastal Trek Lodge!! Can't wait:)


Happy Valentines...better get back to my deathbychocolate brownies:)


Sarah.


No comments: