ELM's Kinesiologist's are practicing members of the BC Association of Kinesiology. Kinesiology is the 'study of human movement' and requires a minimum 4 year University degree program to practice in Canada. Learn more about Practicing Kinesiologists in British Columbia by going to the BCAK website. Be sure to ask your private health insurance provider if they cover Kinesiology services.
What the heck do Kinesiologists do anyways?
Kinesiology Services Include:
- Functional Movement Assessment- identify functional imbalances and weaknesses that may be causing pain, effecting daily activities or limiting athletic performance.
- Corrective Exercise- prescribed exercise to correct functional and postural imbalances with the goal of returning to optimal function.
- Personalized Training - Every session combines the art of coaching with the science of Kinesiology for advanced one on one training for individuals from all walks of life. Sports specific, functional training, nutrition and weight management coaching for 'every'-body. One on one or Partner Training.
- Injury Rehabilitation- Functional Assessments and Exercise Therapy for motor vehicle (ICBC), sports injuries, post-op clients and other sub-acute and chronic conditions.
- Workplace Wellness - Ergonomic Assessments, Assessments and Program Design. See our Workplace Wellness Services for all of the details.
- Fitness Assessment- Biomechanical Running Analysis, Aerobic Fitness Testing, Strength, Flexibility and Body Composition Analysis. More...
- Online Athlete Coaching Services-training for a specific running, cycling or other endurance adventure? Check out ELM's Athlete Coaching Services.
And much much more!
Please contact ELM for more information or to get started today!