Thursday, September 6, 2012

A week in pics

Played for hours and hours and hours in the trails and hills of Cumberland...scouting for MOMAR with friends!
Got into the Alpine for (what should be) an annual run of the traverse from Forbidden to Washington with my old Adventure Racing team mates John and Trina!


Bought my very own kayak!!!!  Woweeee!  Hopefully this will make me get out on the water more...


I grew up on Tex Mex food because my mum is from California...and this week I made my Mums homemade pinto beans for the very first time!  I can't believe I have been eating canned beans for so long!  My house was filled with the smells of my childhood;)


Made these AWESOME new super hardy Lentil Walnut Veggie Burgers from Scott Jurek's book 'Eat & Run'.  LOVE these!

AND....
 I made THIS unbelievable Peanut Butter Pie from Beyond the Peel- It is vegan and gluten free!  I actually changed it to a Peanut Butter Banana Coconut Cream Pie with more of a custard cream and a fat layer of bananas at the bottom cuz my coconut cream would not thicken using the recipe...must have used the wrong type of coconut milk?... some kitchen mistakes turn out to be the best recipes however!

 The mad 'off the grid' packing mission has begun and is slowly but surely spreading across our entire house:) 


That is what I have been up to!  And now, we are heading off the map for a couple of weeks!  Catch up with you all when we return from the wilds:)

SS

No comments: