Thursday, June 21, 2007

Race Prep...

So, it's the final 2 days until the biggest race of my season...Kusam Klimb! http://www.kusamklimb.ca/komments.htm Check this link out fmi and to read my grusam account of the 2006 event:)

This week I have taken my training volume down quite a few notches and I am in my lowest gear. My last hard run was last Thursday and since then I have been avoided impact by riding my bike and taking it easy. My pre-race week includes good sleeps, plenty of water and fresh whole foods, extra stretching and yoga. In addition I just had my usual pre-race acupuncture treatment with Michelle Hughes of Comox Valley Acupuncture: http://www.comoxvalleyacupuncture.com/
Michelle's treatments always make a big difference in how I feel on race day. She balances out my 'chi' and helps balance the systems in my body in addition to improving the circulation in my legs...and I always leave the office feeling renewed, refreshed and ready for anything. A big thank you to Michelle and CV Acupuncture for helping me prepare for and recover from my races! (I was going to post of photo of the needles in action...but didn't want to frighten you...you have to try it for yourself!)

So I am heading north to Sayward during the early hours on Saturday...I will post my stories upon my return! Good luck to all racers!
S

2 comments:

Korky said...

Good Luck, enjoy the climb!

joanne said...

Good luck, can't wait to hear all about it! You Rock girl!!!
Joanne